Friday 21 February 2014

A Job Done...Finally

Dear Hubby had a cardiologist appointment, today, and as a result, I ended up at home during business hours. That allowed me the opportunity to have him get in touch with his pension plan office. Oh, and give permission for me to do so in the future. That's important since I handle all computer and most financial issues.

https://www.osstf.on.ca/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=3603,366,Documents&MediaID=548&Filename=omers-logo.gif&l=EnglishDH is on a disability pension, so I was not clear on the steps for normal retirement. A phone call got that information sorted out in a speedy, and clear manner. Thank you OMERS! No wait on the line, and quick information

When we called OMERS, we discovered that they will automatically send out a package prior to DH's normal retirement date. That will be in April next year, so I anticipate we'll get a package early in 2015 to help make decisions. One thing off the list.

I asked about the survivor benefits that my young adult children receive for being under 25 and full-time students from CPP, but of course, that will be a call to CPP to find out. D'uh! I did discover that there are survivor benefits for them though.  If DH were to die tomorrow, I would receive 66% of his pension, and there would be an additional 10% for each child under 18, or under 25 and a full time student. I wonder if MY pension is set up like that? Interesting information

So, one step of many can be marked CHECK!

http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345157c669e2017d417e0e60970c-pi

And the cardiologist appointment? Everything was fine. Heart of lion, sweet as a lamb.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment