Sunday 2 February 2014

Getting to Know You

 



Happy Sunday! This is the first (of many, I hope) post that will help me to document my road to retirement. It isn't the first step, but it is a vital one-the one in print that says, "Yes. At some point, I will retire!"  

You have to understand. I love my job, and I really can't imagine life without it. Some people work to live.  I live to work.  (I know, I know.  It's a cliché, but it fits!)

I am a teacher, and I love what I do.  I have had my teaching degree for 39 years.  And I have taught most of those years.  Always in the primary grades, mostly grade 1 or 1 and 2 combination classes. The wonder that you get when you look back over the year is a joy and an accomplishment like no other. I sense that there will be a real void when I don't go to school every day. 

Anyway, the purpose of this blog will be to express my feelings about the procedures, the red tapes, and the hoops that need to jumped through.  

Let the writings begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment